The North Georgia mountains, also known as the Blue Ridge Mountains, offer some of the best mountain real estate properties on the east coast. Helen, in particular, is a great place to get away, whether it’s for a bit of shopping, hiking, history or whatever else you and your family or friends might enjoy!
Year-round, this north Georgia city offers gorgeous alpine views and lots of variety combined with small-town charm. What else do you need to know to make an informed decision about purchasing a North Georgia cabin?
Practical Tips and Facts For your Foray Into Real Estate In The Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Be sure to visit the sites that are selling a property, and are not only advertising vacation rentals. In many ways, it is often easier to work with a realtor. That said, you may avoid real estate fees by going directly to the cabin management company.
- The town of Helen, GA is not very large, but the surrounding area in the Helen, GA zip code is broader. Be sure to pay attention to the distance from certain amenities and other things you might like to have in the area you choose.
- Helen, GA still offers lots for building and homes for sale at reasonable prices. Be sure to differentiate between lots and homes that are a good investment and that are a prime location for a second home or retirement home. Nearness to schools, shops, and vacation activities makes a difference to buyers and renters. Lots with a view of 1-2 acres are less an investment while premium lots with great views may be more costly.
- The income from rentals can nearly help offset a mortgage note so do ask for rental revenue. It is just as possible to find a rustic 1-bedroom cabin, on a small lot that is relatively close to town for a lower investment, but don't expect high rental income for the low-cost fixer-uppers.
- Geography and Local Sites: Left and north of town boast beautiful falls and deeper mountainous areas, including the Appalachian Trail and Unicoi National Forest and Lake. East of Helen is a bit more developed and offers smaller mountain ridges and is where many folks purchase available properties. South of the city is still a more natural area filled with deep-rooted trees and valleys.
Why Consider North Georgia Cabins For Sale In Gated Communities?
Do people looking for cabins want to get away from it all or are they looking for some of the securities typically found back home?
One of the biggest perks of buying a cabin can also be one of its drawbacks. Cabins located out in the woods with neighbors few and far between allows people who are staying inside the cabin, to enjoy the peace staying outside provides. However, even in the middle of the woods, unsecured areas are susceptible to people driving by who are not wanted, making noise, and doing almost anything they feel.
Although this doesn't happen often, it is nice to know that when staying in a cabin, only those who own or are renting the cabins can enter the area. This security provides similar features of communities back home supplying a peaceful experience, whether inside or outside.
When shopping for your cabin be sure to look for gated communities in the property description. A gated property doesn't mean every home is built right on top of one another. In fact, most cabins in these gated communities are no different to those in non-gated areas. There is still plenty of tree coverage with a variety of natural settings surrounding each cabin.
In fact, the primary distinction between gated and non-gated cabins is the security at the entrance of the community. A key card or coding system is necessary for a car to gain access, and, depending on the community, there may be an admission code, so guests can enter without the owner or renter being forced to drive down to the entrance to let the person have access.
Of course, when the person looking for North Georgia cabins for sale decides to inspect the property, it is wise to check in to see when you can gain access. Some communities keep the gates locked and others leave the gates open during the day.
With all of the different options available to cabins for sale in North Georgia, a gated community is an excellent choice; especially when safety and privacy are at stake. These particular cabins are usually more expensive than those without the security measures, but when it comes to protecting someone's family and keeping the cabin experience safe, these gated security sections are incredibly valuable.
Regardless of the area's practice regarding a security gate, finding a gated cabin community is a real plus when shopping for an investment vacation property in the North Georgia Mountains. You'll have the best of all worlds as you provide yourself and your loved ones with a secluded and natural, yet private and secure, mountain retreat. What's more, any attempts to rent out your investment are sure to be successful. Folks gravitate toward a private and secure vacation getaway, when in an unfamiliar utterly natural setting.
Explore Cabin Hosting Through Our Article Repository
For those of you seeking to understand cabin hosting, we've put together articles in a cabin hosting resource hub to help guide you. The articles are also linked below for quick access.
- Why You Should Consider Investing In A Cabin Rental
- Why Top Notch Cabin Management Is Essential
- Meet the Owners of Whispering Pines: Steve and Carrie Hartshorne
- 6 Tips On How To Rent Your Lovely Mountain Cabin
Share Your Thoughts
Can you think of a reason why a North Georgia, gated, cabin community may be the right choice for you?