All The Interesting Bridges To Visit Around Helen Georgia
Interesting Bridges To Visit Near Helen Georgia
When your vacation group includes individuals from different generations, bridging the gap between everyone’s unique interests may seem impossible. A way to combine sightseeing and adventure for these varying participants is to visit some of the bridges of north Georgia.Finding many of these bridges involves a trek into the wilderness and a journey into history, but each member of your expedition can take away a different experience.
Here are the top bridges to visit in north Georgia.
Toccoa Swinging Bridge
Feeling adventurous? Love scenic views? One of north Georgia’s most popular destinations is the Toccoa Swinging Bridge. This exciting bridge is only accessible by foot and is the largest of its kind east of the mighty Mississippi river at an astonishing 265 feet long. From there, incredible sights of northern Georgia and the Toccoa River can be seen.
You can also enjoy the Toccoa River via the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway which will take you across another bridge over the gorgeous river and eventually across the Tennessee border for an entire day of fun and adventure!
Tallulah Gorge Suspension Bridge
One of the most spectacular canyons in all of the nation can be found at Tallulah Gorge State Park. The gorge itself is over two miles long and the park features many trails and overlooks for viewing the natural wonder. At nearly 1,000 feet deep, visitors will feel the excitement and thrill as they cross the gorge via a suspension bridge that offers even more incredible views!
Stovall Mill Covered Bridge
Looking for romance? Visit the Stovall Mill covered bridge crossing Chickamauga Creek. Named for miller Frank Stovall, this bridge is extremely beautiful and features a picnic area for a romantic or fun afternoon.
As you go on a tubing adventure down the Chattahoochee River via Cool River Tubing Company, you will drift peacefully underneath a bridge that runs through the lovely Alpine Village of Helen.
You may wave at the tourists standing on the bridge, watching as you cross beneath their path, soaking up the sun while delighting in the cool waters of the river. As you float along, you will also bridge the gap between your group as people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds can enjoy the sights and sounds of northern Georgia together in a time of friendship and family bonding.
- Things to Do
- Horseback Riding In Helen Georgia – Where To Go For The Best Adventure
- Top 3 Scenic Drives & 5 Top Sights To See In The North Georgia Mountains
- Winter Things To Do In And Around Helen
- There Are More Holidays To Celebrate in Helen Georgia Outside of Oktoberfest
- Richard Russell Scenic Highway – A Must See Near Helen, Georgia
- Strike It Rich In The Gold Mines In and Near Helen, Georgia
- Zip Lining Your Way To Fun In North Georgia: History, Safety, & Operators
- Golfing: Getting In A Little Tee Time While Enjoying Helen, Georgia
- All The Fun Things To Do With Your Pet In The North Georgia Mountains
- Turkey Hunting: Tips & Advice for Shooting In and Around Helen, Georgia
- Helen, Georgia Festivals & Other Things to Do During Spring Break
- 7 Creative Ideas for What To Do During Your Next Cabin Retreat
- Play Mini-Golf With Amazing Mountain Backdrop In Helen, Georgia
- Feel Like You’re in Germany When You Visit Helen, Georgia
- The Top 3 Most Unique North Georgia Getaways
- North Georgia is Filled With Extreme Sport Experiences: Here Are 3 To Choose From
- Here’s How To De-Stress and Relax While Visiting Helen, Georgia
- Things To Do With Kids