When on vacation, holidays, a weekend get-away, or even every now and then after a long day of work, there is nothing quite like the anticipation of enjoying a good meal outside of the home, and one that you didn’t have to prepare!
If you are looking to do that very thing, here are some great restaurants in Helen GA, here are some recommends which have received good reviews:
- Old Bavaria Inn Restaurant – Centrally located in Helen, the Old Bavaria Inn offers a casual atmosphere with the best in German fare as well as local foods.
- Bernie’s Restaurant – Slightly pricier, part of the Nacoochee Valley Guest House, offers a quieter, more romantic atmosphere, with great views and beautiful gardens.
- Cafe La Piazza- The most authentic Italian restaurant in Northeast Georgia. Here you will find traditional, fresh made Italian cuisine.
- North Georgia Barbecue Company – Good ol’ southern cooking, leaving you filled, and at a really decent price. Renowned county-wide!
- Stovall House – Delicious food, reservation only, good for groups. Set in a country inn dating from 1837, its got the best of local atmosphere and taste. You do pay a bit more for that, even if well-worth it!
- The Vines – Though advertised as having a taste de la France and d’Italia, the Vines really gives you a taste of local Helen GA produce, including also local wine. A quaint bistro-style restaurant. Pricey.
- Pauls Steak House- If it is steak or snow crab you have a taste for, this is the place to go. Located on the River in Downtown Helen, Pauls offers the best steak in town.
- Hofer’s Bakery and Café – A German-style bakery, also serves lunch, casual but absolutely delicious. Step into a world of cakes, pies, bread and other wonderful German delicacies. Good prices.
The choices of restuarants in Helen Ga, seem to be endless. Visting at least a few while in town is a must. Walking away, filling that hungry spot and the slightlest urge to go back for more.